Systems Integration Technician
AMS Mechanical Systems, Inc. is a mechanical contracting firm serving the commercial, industrial, refrigeration, and nuclear industries (PMT). With over 57 years of existence, AMS has grown from a small refrigeration contractor with a few employees to a multi-discipline and multi-market MEP contractor with more than 500 employees. We strive to meet our commitments to clients, develop our people, and help improve communities.
Located in our beautiful Woodridge, IL facility, and reporting to the General Manager of Systems Integration. The Systems Integration Controls Technician will assist in installing, troubleshooting, repairing, and programming Building Automation and Temperature Control Systems.
Most programming will be on a Niagara framework and will be done both in the office and on job sites.
Primary duties include, but are not limited to, networking, programming, starting-up, and commissioning our automation system installations. Technical troubleshooting of electrical circuits, mechanical equipment and systems, field devices, various network protocols, and computer software interfaces are all regular duties performed by our DDC programmers.
- Programs and commissions Local DDC I/O and network controllers and the BAS front end (GUI) computers per sequences of operation and contract documents.
- Integrates to 3rd party systems/equipment such as BACnet, LON, and Modbus on Chillers, Boilers, VFD’s, Generators, Rooftop Units (RTU’s), VRF Systems, etc.
- Follows company established programming standards and precedents.
- Provides onsite and offsite technical support during installation, start-up, commissioning, and turnover processes.
- Participates in onsite walk-throughs, formal commissioning, and customer demonstration/ training on assigned projects.
- Troubleshooting and problem solving in electronics and mechanics.
- Able to read and interpret blueprints, make changes and customize to the project needs.
- Interpret, troubleshoot, and program in Logic Ladder / Block / Relay.
- Has a working understanding of IP networks. (IP Subnets, Routing, NAT, & Firewalls)
- Ability to read and interpret product manufactures instructions, drawings, and specifications.
- Model any new or unique applications using components in the testing lab.
- College Degree, Degree in HVAC, Refrigeration, DDC controls or related field or 5 years’ equivalent experience.
- Advanced problem-solving capabilities, attention to detail and numerical aptitude.
- Ability to use a laptop PC at a high-level.
- Ability to read and interpret temperature control drawings and electrical schematics.
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical systems blue prints.
- Extensive Experience in HVAC systems.
- Extensive Experience in Building Management System programming.
- Working knowledge and understanding of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Must have a clean driving record. No major violations.
- Ability to effectively communicate, in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Must be able to pass drug screen. Zero tolerance drug policy.
Familiarity and experience with the following programming tools is highly preferred:
- Honeywell Spyder Tool
- Johnson Controls PCT
- Tridium Workbench AX and N4 (Webs and JCI FX)
- Johnson Metasys