Systems Integration Technician
AMS Mechanical Systems, Inc. is a 50-year Mechanical contracting firm serving the commercial, industrial, refrigeration and nuclear industries (PMT).
During its 50-year existence, AMS has grown from a small refrigeration contractor with a few employees to a multi-discipline and multi-market MEP contractor with more than 500 employees. This growth combined with our diversification, the increased utilization of technology and fabrication has brought many new challenges to our workflow and operating processes.
As part of our long term strategic plan and a strong vision for the future, we have decided that it is in our best interest to hire a Systems Integration Technician. This position will report to the General Manager/Systems Integrations Group, Patrick McKinney.
In this position you will be installing, troubleshooting, repairing and programming Control Systems. You will provide support and assistance to System Integration team members and ensure compliance with internal policies and procedures.
- 5+ years of experience as a programmer/technician working with any HVAC controls manufacturer products
- 5+ years experience programming in the Niagara AX Framework
- 5+ years experience integrating LON, BACnet and MODbus
- 5+ years of HVAC service, installation or design experience
- Strong control system, electrical and HVAC system troubleshooting skills
- Niagara AX and/or N-4 certification a plus
- Capable of working in the “field” operating out of a service vehicle in both a new construction environment and within existing facilities
- Valid Driver’s License with no major violations
- Operating knowledge of Microsoft office software and working proficiency with hand held computer (i.e. Smartphone, iPad)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- A High School Diploma or equivalent is required. (Union Affiliation and Technical School Preferred)
- Continually enforce safety to the highest standards and maintain security and accountability of company issued equipment
- Continually enforce safety to the highest standards