Shipping & Receiving
AMS Mechanical Systems, Inc. is a Mechanical contracting firm serving the commercial, industrial, refrigeration and nuclear industries (PMT). With over 57 years of existence, AMS has grown from a small refrigeration contractor with a few employees to a multi discipline and multi market MEP contractor with more than 500 employees. We strive to meet our commitments to clients, develop our people and help improve communities.
Located in our beautiful Woodridge, IL facility and reporting to the Shop Manager. The Shipping/Receiving Clerk will support our business in the day-to-day running of the shipping and receiving operation supplying the necessary equipment and materials.
- Will assist in the shipping, receiving, handling and storing, and delivering of equipment, materials and supplies.
- Assist in maintaining inventory control and records, ensuring accuracy and completeness to minimize stock loss.
- Develop relationships and communicate with superintendents/foremen regarding their needs on job sites.
- Demonstrate understanding of and follow all safety regulations and practices, both in our shop and on job sites .
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Ability to read and understand shipping/receiving documents and maintain accurate inventory control records
- Ability to read and use a tape measure, measuring and cutting materials to specific measurements
- Physical capabilities to lift, bend and stoop to inventory, carry and move materials, as well as load and unload trucks on a regular basis
- Prior experience and ability operating a forklift
- Valid driver’s license with a clear driving record; with ability to travel as required