AMS Mechanical Systems, Inc. is a mechanical contracting firm serving the commercial, industrial, refrigeration, and nuclear industries (PMT). With over 57 years of existence, AMS has grown from a small refrigeration contractor with a few employees to a multi-discipline and multi-market MEP contractor with more than 500 employees. We strive to meet our commitments to clients, develop our people, and help improve communities.
Located in our beautiful Woodridge, IL facility and reporting to the Sr. Project Manager. The Project Engineer (APM) will work closely with the Project Manager to support the profitability and quality execution of our commercial projects throughout the Chicago-land area. This will require an individual that possess multiple talents: design & engineering, estimating, project management, and entrepreneurial business skills.
- Assist PM and Field Supervision to ensure installation occurs correctly. Take initiative to minimize systems re-work.
- Utilize training and knowledge garnered to date to further develop understanding of Mechanical Systems, and utilize your still developing skill set to apply this knowledge of the systems installed to assist Field Supervision and troubleshoot installations as necessary.
- Work closely with engineering group for development of Design-Build projects, and manage documentation to prevent errors associated with this type of work.
- Utilize Project Documentation plan to manage and track Submittals, RFIs, Current Project Specifications, and Current Project Plans.
- Maintain log of RFIs, Submittals, Drawings, and Issues both for Field use (iPad Management) and for Office use.
- Review and process returned documentation for Scope Compliance, and distribute to relevant project stakeholders
- College degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of experience in HVAC construction including estimating, project management and business development.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.