AMS Mechanical Systems, Inc. is a mechanical contracting firm serving the commercial, industrial, refrigeration, and nuclear industries (PMT). With over 57 years of existence, AMS has grown from a small refrigeration contractor with a few employees to a multi-discipline and multi-market MEP contractor with more than 500 employees. We strive to meet our commitments to clients, develop our people, and help improve communities.
Located in our beautiful Woodridge, IL facility and reporting to the EVP. The Project Manager oversees and manages the work of our large-scale mechanical projects throughout the Chicagoland area. This will require an individual that possess multiple talents: design & engineering, estimating, project management, and entrepreneurial business skills.
- Understanding commercial construction logistics, labor, material and equipment handling.
- Ability to read and understand plans and specifications and translate the information to the operational realities.
- Understanding of basic business practices, ability to read and understand construction-related accounting reports.
- Facilitate the installation of Mechanical systems
- Coordinating labor with superintendents, jobsite foremen and clients.
- Evaluating quotations.
- Selecting and managing sub-contractors.
- Equipment selection, purchase orders, RFI’s, submittals and change orders
- College degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of experience in HVAC construction including estimating, project management and business development.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
What We Offer
AMS Mechanical Systems, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Continuing education incentives
Life and accidental death insurance
Long-term disability insurance
Paid vacation time and holidays