Project Manager Electrical
AMS Mechanical Systems, Inc. is a mechanical contracting firm serving the commercial, industrial, refrigeration, and nuclear industries (PMT). With over 57 years of existence, AMS has grown from a small refrigeration contractor with a few employees to a multi-discipline and multi-market MEP contractor with more than 500 employees. We strive to meet our commitments to clients, develop our people, and help improve communities.
Located in our beautiful Woodridge, IL facility, and reporting to the General Manager of the Electrical group. The Electrical Project Manager will assist in the electrical construction of our commercial and industrial mechanical projects. This will require an individual that possess multiple talents: design & engineering, estimating, project management, and entrepreneurial business skills.
- Provide the required estimating and project management until the group can establish an organizational structure to support its own growth. This may include stand-alone support for estimating, project management, and design.
- Assist our drafting and design department to meet the electrical drawing needs for electrical power and control construction work.
- Work within the parameters of the AMS management structure for all pre-job planning requirements, project set up, monthly cost projections, and project close outs.
- Seek out new electrical service opportunities.
- Develop/maintain client relationships.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering.
- 5+ years of experience in electrical engineering & construction including estimating, project management and business development.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Accubid Classic & Enterprise Estimating Software.
- Build & Maintain construction and resource loading schedules.
- Technology oriented.