Plumbing Design Coordinator
AMS Mechanical Systems, Inc. is a Mechanical contracting firm serving the commercial, industrial, refrigeration and nuclear industries (PMT). With over 57 years of existence, AMS has grown from a small refrigeration contractor with a few employees to a multi discipline and multi market MEP contractor with more than 500 employees. We strive to meet our commitments to clients, develop our people and help improve communities.
Located in our beautiful Woodridge, IL facility and reporting to the Design Manager, the Plumbing Design Coordinator will be responsible for coordination of project design utilizing the latest BIM technology. Complete design and coordination documents utilizing the latest BIM technology.
Preparation of Plumbing Permit/Design Documents in REVIT.
Preparation of Plumbing Coordination Documents REVIT/Navisworks.
Preparation of Plumbing As-built Documents.
Plumbing Design Calculations and equipment selection.
Site Visits for Coordination.
Attendance at project coordination meetings.
Collaborate with the project management team, sales, and field staff on project requirements and ensuring timely delivery of changes.
- Assist design team on project work – modeling and support project standards with customers.
- Lead project coordination meetings, as required by contract, utilizing Navisworks.
- Manage and distribute coordinated digital documents to the project team.
- Link BIM to project Construction Administration Phase for submittals, construction models, shop drawings and schedules.
- Create Revit assemblies in response to project needs.
- Assist in developing and enforcing BIM documentation and workflow process standards.
- Automates routines in BIM to support standards and productivity.
- Provide support for electronic file submissions.
- High School diploma or GED required College degree a preferred.
- 5 years of plumbing design experience.
- Experience with Revit.
- Experience in construction or trade experience also a plus.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and written to varied levels of audiences.
- Ability to work independently, a self-starter who is both goal-oriented and customer-oriented.