AMS Mechanical Systems, Inc. is a mechanical contracting firm serving the commercial, industrial, refrigeration, and nuclear industries (PMT). With over 57 years of existence, AMS has grown from a small refrigeration contractor with a few employees to a multi-discipline and multi-market MEP contractor with more than 500 employees. We strive to meet our commitments to clients, develop our people, and help improve communities.
Located in our beautiful Woodridge, IL facility, and reporting to the Chief Estimator. The Piping Estimator will assist in creating plan and spec estimates, design-build estimates, high-level budgeting, and general budgeting for our commercial and industrial mechanical projects.
- Analyze drawings and specifications.
- High attention to detail.
- Understand contractual terms and conditions.
- Issue intelligent and perceptive RFIs.
- Performs quantity take-offs for piping systems and mechanical equipment for industrial piping and mechanical systems.
- Assemble accurate and well organized estimates in a timely manner.
- Organize sub‐contractor and vendor quotations, and insure quotes meet contract documents.
- Maintain relationships with sub‐contractors and clients.
- Prepares, coordinates, and evaluates subcontractor bid packages.
- Assemble material and labor costing information for the company historical database.
- Formulate cost break down from estimates for project managers pre-construction budgeting.
- Attend pre-bid walk-thru periodically.
- Work with other company estimators assembling multi trade proposals.
- Previous experience estimating commercial projects.
- Computer estimating software experience. QuickPen AutoBid experience preferred.
- Experience with plumbing and HVAC take off a plus.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Software (i.e. Word, Excel, Project).
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Strong math and analytical skills.
- Ability to read and interpret drawings and specifications. Knowledge of Piping Plan, Isometric and detail drawings.
- College Graduate or equivalent experience.
- Mix of field and office experience will be helpful.