HVAC Engineering Manager
AMS Mechanical Systems, Inc. is a Mechanical contracting firm serving the commercial, industrial, refrigeration and nuclear industries (PMT). Founded in 1963, AMS has grown from a small refrigeration contractor to a multi discipline and multi market MEP contractor located in Woodridge, IL. with more than 500 employees. We strive to meet our commitments to clients, develop our people and help improve communities.
The HVAC Engineering Manager will manage a variety of vital mechanical engineering design work involving the planning, configuring and execution of HVAC system projects. The position reports directly to the EVP of Commercial HVAC and Plumbing Groups.
- Develop Engineering Standards to aide in quality, fabrication and production.
- Oversee the design of complete HVAC systems with guidance from the project sales team. Includes load calculations, energy studies, riser diagrams, equipment selection, vent schedules, specifications, etc.
- Oversee research, development and training for the use of new products and systems.
- Hire, manage, train and mentor project engineers.
- Support estimating and business development with projects specific schematics, ideas and options.
- Site review as required to gain knowledge of facilities.
- Customer presentations as required.
- Coordination of construction documents (drawings, submittals, details) as required for awarded projects.
- Required engineering support as necessary during construction and commissioning phases.
- Bachelor Science degree in Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Current P.E. License in the State of Illinois.
- 5 to 10 years Mechanical Contractor industry experience.
- 3 to 5 years’ experience as Design Engineer in the Mechanical HVAC and Plumbing trades.
- AutoCAD/Revit experience.
- Energy Modeling.
- LEED AP a plus.
- Control experience and the ability to work closely with the development of our controls team.
What We Offer
AMS Mechanical Systems, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Continuing education incentives
Life and accidental death insurance
Long-term disability insurance
Paid vacation time and holidays