Estimator - Sewer & Water
AMS Mechanical Systems, Inc. is a Mechanical contracting firm serving the commercial, industrial, refrigeration and nuclear industries (PMT). With over 57 years of existence, AMS has grown from a small refrigeration contractor with a few employees to a multi discipline and multi market MEP contractor with more than 500 employees. We strive to meet our commitments to clients, develop our people and help improve communities.
Located in our beautiful Woodridge, IL facility and reporting to the Chief Estimator. The Estimator/PM will assist in creating plan and spec estimates for our commercial and industrial water, sewer and site plumbing projects.
- Quantify project components.
- Develop a clear understanding of the project scope and phasing utilizing the project plans and specifications.
- Maintain take-off spreadsheets for organizing material descriptions and quantities, back up of work, and project summaries.
- Identifying constructibility issues through the estimating process.
- Sub-contractor and supplier solicitations.
- Prepare and/or deliver the bid package.
- Able to work on multiple projects and maintain contact with field personnel to handle questions, change orders, and technically related issues.
- Ensure all working documents and data is maintained to back up estimates.
- Analyze blueprints, specifications, proposals, and other documents to prepare time, cost, and labor estimates for products, projects, and services for our type of work.
- Efficiently read blueprints and understand industry pricing.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
- Vocational High School/Associates Degree/Technical degree in construction management or heavy civil or related field, construction experience is preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret construction drawings.
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong multi-tasking skills.
- Strong Math Skills.
- Ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines while maintaining a focus on quality.
- Valid Driver’s License and ability to drive.