Controls Application Engineer
AMS Mechanical Systems, Inc. is a Mechanical contracting firm serving the commercial, industrial, refrigeration and nuclear industries (PMT). With over 57 years of existence, AMS has grown from a small refrigeration contractor with a few employees to a multi discipline and multi market MEP contractor with more than 500 employees. We strive to meet our commitments to clients, develop our people and help improve communities.
Located in our beautiful Woodridge, IL facility and reporting to the General manager of Systems Integration. The Controls Application Engineer is responsible for the design, configuration, and operation of complete building control systems while developing complex software programs, commissioning and troubleshooting to ensure proper operations of the building control system. Provides detailed information and submittals to communicate design and operation to customers, consultants, field installation team and subcontractors.
- Review detailed equipment submittals to determine system integration design criteria.
- Meet with client and/or Engineer of Record to determine design guidelines.
- Develop complete and detailed system integration design drawings.
- Complete drawing revisions as needed.
- Create graphical user interface.
- Prepare detailed submittal packages.
- Complete closeout binders.
- Complete as-built drawings.
- Order materials.
- Attend job meetings.
- Manage design changes.
- Provide support to assigned SI & Controls Specialists.
- Manage commissioning.
- Manage closeout and as-built process.
- Assist with estimating new and retrofit projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent work experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of control theory, automatic temperature controls, building automation systems and other building subsystems.
- Demonstrated experience in the integration of low voltage building sub-systems using various industry protocols.
- Ability to relate technical knowledge to a non-technical audience.
- Demonstrated advanced computer skills required, particularly computer-related drafting tools.