Senior Project Manager
AMS Mechanical Systems, Inc. is a Mechanical contracting firm serving the commercial, industrial, refrigeration and nuclear industries (PMT). With over 57 years of existence, AMS has grown from a small refrigeration contractor with a few employees to a multi discipline and multi market MEP contractor with more than 500 employees. We strive to meet our commitments to clients, develop our people and help improve communities.
Located in our beautiful Woodridge, IL facility and reporting to the Associate VP. The Senior Project Manager oversees and manages the work of our large-scale mechanical projects throughout the Chicagoland area. This will require an individual that possess multiple talents: design & engineering, estimating, project management, and entrepreneurial business skills.
-Mentor and develop the Special Projects Group, Electrical Group & Systems Integration Group Project Managers and Project Engineers
-Assist with redeveloping the Central Plant Services Group
-Assist with developing the Fire Protection & Fire Alarm Service Groups
-Assist with CSG Group initiatives and overall management
-Directly estimate and manage client projects
-Attend periodic/routine sales & accounting meetings
-Participate in the AMS client outreach/metrics program
-Continually maintain a culture of cooperation/lead sharing between other AMS business groups and maintain a “we are selling AMS” mind set
-Continually seek out new business opportunities by:
- Developing/maintaining client relationship
- Leveraging existing AMS client relationships
- Thinking “outside of the box” so that all potential opportunities are considered
- Attending industry events
- Networking with potential clients
- Discussing ideas with AMS management and other AMS business groups
-Provide continual lead sharing and collaboration with other AMS business groups
– Follow up on internal/external leads/opportunities
– College degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience.
– 5+ years of experience in HVAC construction including estimating, project management and business development.
-Strong communication and interpersonal skills
What We Offer
AMS Mechanical Systems, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Continuing education incentives
Life and accidental death insurance
Long-term disability insurance
Paid vacation time and holidays