Ammonia Refrigeration Technician
AMS Mechanical Systems, Inc. has been a leading mechanical contractor in the Midwest for over 45 years and is seeking to add multiple experienced industry talent to the Ammonia and Freon Industrial Refrigeration area of our business due to heavy demand and workload.
Currently seeking an Ammonia Refrigeration Technician with a minimum of 3 to 5 years of progressive work and field – hands-on experience in Ammonia Refrigeration Systems including the following: Maintenance, Repairs, Retrofit Projects, Troubleshooting, Repair, System Pump Out, Process Safety Management (PSM), Customer & Account Management.
The Ammonia Refrigeration Technician must also have a minimum of 3 years field experience and working knowledge of screw and reciprocal compressors, electrical troubleshooting all common types of ammonia central systems, & control/alarm systems. Experience in multiple manufacturers systems is a plus (Frick, FES, Vilter, Mycom, Etc.)
RETA 1&2 Certification a plus.
CIRO Certification a plus.
Previous education at accredited college a plus.
PSM education a plus.
24 Hour Haz Mat Response Training and updated refreshers.
Responsibilities of the Ammonia Refrigeration Technician:
- Responsible for refrigeration repair and maintenance support to industrial accounts in the food and beverage, refrigerated storage, pharmaceutical, and process industries.
- Perform routine and emergency service in industrial applications.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and responsibilities as a journeyman service technician including paperwork, documentation, customer relations, communication, repair and PM schedules.
Requirements of the Ammonia Refrigeration Service Technician:
- Minimum of 3-5 years of progressive work experience in ammonia refrigeration service
- Demonstrate an understanding and adherence to all work safety policies, procedures, and governing requirements. Ability to work unsupervised or with limited supervision as a service technician.
- Minimum 3 years of field experience.
- Valid Driver’s license and a safe driving record
- Must be able to pass Respirator Fit Test.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, detail oriented and highly motivated
- Available to travel on occasion.
- Availability to perform on-call duty rotation nights and/or weekends as required
- Basic computer skills (electronic documentation)
• Work experience in ammonia refrigeration service: 3+ years.
Wages are according to the Local 597 bargaining agreement
Additional training consideration for the proper candidate
Above all, remember we are a guest at our client’s building/facility and we should show proper respect and professionalism at all times.
What We Offer
AMS Mechanical Systems, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Continuing education incentives
Life and accidental death insurance
Long-term disability insurance
Paid vacation time and holidays