Ammonia Refrigeration Service Sales Representative
AMS Mechanical Systems, Inc. is a Mechanical contracting firm serving the commercial, industrial, refrigeration and nuclear industries (PMT). With over 57 years of existence, AMS has grown from a small refrigeration contractor with a few employees to a multi discipline and multi market MEP contractor with more than 500 employees. We strive to meet our commitments to clients, develop our people and help improve communities.
Located in our beautiful Woodridge, IL facility and reporting to the Director of Client Services, the Ammonia Refrigeration Service Sales Representative will identify and acquire new customers to secure profitable ammonia & Freon refrigeration service projects and preventative maintenance agreements. You will excel at building and maintaining positive relationships with customers from first contact to closing the deal and managing the account service.
- Actively seek out new business opportunities by consistently conducting various prospecting / cold-call activities along with networking opportunities.
- Follow-up on all sales opportunities and customer inquiries/concerns.
- Conduct discovery meetings with existing and new customers to uncover needs.
- Survey mechanical systems to determine repair, modification, and / or replacement requirements to provide prospects with solutions.
- Review projects to estimate the labor and materials required to perform the tasks.
- Generate and present proposals.
- Responsible for financial tracking, billing and pay status for projects.
- Prepare and present effective sales presentations, answer questions and objections in a proficient and responsible manner which leads to signed contracts.
- Follow-up and successfully negotiate customer commitments.
- Ensure a high level of customer satisfaction is maintained and that sales revenue, gross margins, and contract renewal rates meet or exceed assigned targets.
- Follow Up on awarded projects to ensure optimal customer satisfaction.
- College degree or equivalent work experience in the Mechanical or Construction industry.
- Ammonia certifications and training.
- 5+ years of Outside Sales Ammonia Refrigeration Experience.
- Preferred organization activity within ASHRAE , IIAR, RETA, MCA.
- Extensive sales experience with proven successful relationship building and selling of service contracts and repeat business; strongly preferred Ammonia service or related ammonia industry sales experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and written to varied levels of audiences.
- Ability to work independently, a self-starter who is both goal-oriented and customer-oriented.
- Demonstrated competency in closing deals through effective negotiations.