AMS Mechanical Systems, Inc. is a Mechanical contracting firm serving the commercial, industrial, refrigeration and nuclear industries (PMT). With over 57 years of existence, AMS has grown from a small refrigeration contractor with a few employees to a multi discipline and multi market MEP contractor with more than 500 employees. We strive to meet our commitments to clients, develop our people and help improve communities.
Located in our beautiful Woodridge, IL facility and reporting to the Chief Estimator. In this position, the Administrative Assistant support and assist the PMT Nuclear and Refrigeration business units. Duties include a variety of responsibilities which include communicating with the leadership team and answering inbound calls & Emails. This person will be responsible for assignments and enter necessary data into our computer database system. .
- Schedules and coordinates meetings, appointments and travel arrangements. Travel arrangements and changes are an integral part of this position and may require extra time outside the normal workday hours for coordination.
- Generates standardized reports as needed.
- Maintains and updates files, spreadsheets, and logs with current data. Distributes files, and logs as appropriate.
- Maintains electronic and hard copy filing system. Retrieves documents from filing system.
- Communicates with various departments and other third parties to gather and provide information to assemble and prepare reports and documents. • Processes entries and statistical information which could include expense reports, timesheets, GL entries and spreadsheets.
- Creates and updates department and/or management calendar.
- Answers the phones, provides information, and receives information concerning matters related to the department.
- Prepares and/or edits written correspondence, communications, manuals, contracts, work orders, policies/procedures, manual billings and reports.
- Performs general administrative and clerical functions such as copying, printing, scanning, filing and faxing.
- Order and pick up of catering for in-house meetings.
- Back-up to reception and working together with other administrative staff.
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- This position requires a minimum of a college associates degree or secretarial school certificate.
- This position requires at least 3 years’ experience within a professional, administrative support position.
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook are required for this position.
- Must be mature, professional, personable, and have a polished delivery on all assignments.
- Ability to handle confidential information with the utmost discretion.
- Must be able to communicate, both written and oral, in a professional manner and represent the company in a professional manner.
- Must possess good follow through skills to finalize projects.
- Must have above average proofreading skills and have a history of being accurate and thorough.