AMS Mechanical Systems, Inc. is a Mechanical contracting firm serving the commercial, industrial, refrigeration and nuclear industries (PMT). With over 57 years of existence, AMS has grown from a small refrigeration contractor with a few employees to a multi discipline and multi market MEP contractor with more than 500 employees. We strive to meet our commitments to clients, develop our people and help improve communities.
Located in our beautiful Woodridge, IL facility and reporting to the Regional Controller, this position within the accounting department will work closely with team members throughout the organization to effectively support the accounting function and financial reporting process.
- Generation of customer invoices, lien wavers, and other related billing paperwork as requested by project managers and client services represntatives.
- Assisting with accounts payable function including the coding and data entry of invoices.
- Issuance of purchase orders and subcontracts as requested by field and office personnel.
- Function as a liaison between accounting personnel and others within the organization.
- Other duties and responsibilities reasonable and consistent with the position as may be assigned to you from time to time.
- High School diploma, GED, Associates degree or equivalent experience.
- A positive disposition with an ability to work in teams.
- An eagerness to learn and grow in the position.
- Self-motivation with a desire to assume more responsibility.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products with emphasis on Excel and Word.
- Entry level accounting/bookkeeping experience preferred.
- Construction industry experience is a plus.
- Experience with Spectrum or another proprietary financial software and/or Dispatch Direct software is a plus.