To facilitate the growing demands of the greater Northwest Indiana and Joliet industrial corridor AMS Mechanical Systems has strategically located its Industrial Fabrication Facility in East Chicago, Indiana. This facility is comprised of 90,000 sq. ft. of conditioned fabrication area along with 4,000 sq. ft. of administrative office area. This combined with the corporate facilities located in Burr Ridge, Illinois, which primarily serves our Commercial piping, plumbing, sheet metal and fabrication needs, provides a total of 130,000 sq. ft. of available conditioned and qualified fabrication area. Each facility works under the U.A. National Pipe Fabrication Agreement and fully utilize composite crews were applicable bringing significant cost savings to project delivery.
• Two 30-ton overhead cranes/One 10-ton overhead crane
• 21 ft. clearance from hook to floor
• 12 temperature controlled hydrostatic testing stations
• Four (4) weld positioners up to 42 in.
• One (1) weld positioner – 36 in.
• Four (4) welder-testing booths
• Segregated area for non-ferrous fabrication
• Segregated and secured welding rod and consumable storage
• Plasma cutting
• Oxygen piping clean room capabilities
• In-house testing – PMI, UT, magnetic particle testing
• One acre outside fabrication and laydown area
• Rail spur access
AMS maintains full time in-house QA/QC management and develops, coordinates and maintains complete document control systems for each project and as required. This process includes but is not limited to: welder testing, certification and continuity, material test reports, procurement documents, weld map traceability, “real-time” project records and coordination of authorized inspectors and client representatives. Standards and techniques include SMAW, GMAW, FCAW, GTAW as well as client specific requirements. Additional in-house services include engineering, piping design; scheduling and isometric/spool drawing verification.
• Power Piping
• HVAC Piping
• Skid Fabrication
• Energy Services
• Service & Maintenance
• Food Process
• Hotel/Condominium/High Rise
• Tenant Build Out
• 3D Scanning
• Operational Data & Maintenance
“We would not hesitate to use AMS’s services again on any of our projects and would highly recommend them for future jobs of considerable size and complex nature.”
Very Truly Yours,
~ Greg Garland, Duke Construction, Inc.