AMS Career Opportunities
Equal Opportunity Employer
Thank you for your interest in career opportunities at AMS Mechanical Systems, Inc. We are always interested in experienced project managers, project engineers, field engineers, craft superintendents, service account representatives, and office support staff.
Below are the current openings at AMS, if you feel that you are a perfect fit, please send us your resume.
System Integration/Controls Technician
In this position you will be installing, troubleshooting, repairing and programming Control Systems.
You will provide support and assistance to System Integration team members and ensure compliance with internal policies and procedures.
- 5+ years of experience as a programmer/technician working with any HVAC controls manufacturer products.
- 5+ years experience programming in the Niagara AX Framework
- 5+ years experience integrating LON, BACnet and MODbus
- 5+ years of HVAC service, installation or design experience
- Strong control system, electrical and HVAC system troubleshooting skills • Niagara AX and/or N-4 certification a plus
- Capable of working in the “field” operating out of a service vehicle in both a new construction environment and within existing facilities
- Valid Driver’s License with no major violations
- Operating knowledge of Microsoft office software and working proficiency with hand held computer (i.e. Smartphone, iPad)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- A High School Diploma or equivalent is required. (Technical School Preferred)
- Continually enforce safety to the highest standards and maintain security and accountability of company issued equipment.
- Continually enforce safety to the highest standards.
AMS Mechanical Systems, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity and an Affirmative Action Employer (Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran).
Commercial Mechanical Estimator
AMS Mechanical Systems, Inc., a well-established plumbing / mechanical / HVAC contracting and service firm, has an immediate opening for an Estimator experienced in commercial / industrial HVAC / mechanical projects with a background in plan and spec estimating. We are located in the western suburbs of Chicago. This is a full time position.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Analyze drawings and specifications.
- High attention to detail.
- Understand contractual terms and conditions.
- Issue intelligent and perceptive RFIs.
- Performs quantity take-offs for piping systems and mechanical equipment for industrial piping and mechanical systems.
- Assemble accurate and well organized estimates in a timely manner.
- Organize sub‐contractor and vendor quotations, and insure quotes meet contract documents.
- Maintain relationships with sub‐contractors and clients.
- Prepares, coordinates, and evaluates subcontractor bid packages.
- Assemble material and labor costing information for the company historical database.
- Formulate cost break down from estimates for project managers pre-construction budgeting.
- Attend pre-bid walk-thru’s periodically.
- Work with other company estimators assembling multi trade proposals.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Previous experience estimating commercial projects.
- Computer estimating software experience.
- QuickPen AutoBid experience preferred.
- Experience with HVAC a must.
- Piping take off experience a plus.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Software (i.e. Word, Excel, Project).
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Strong math and analytical skills.
- Ability to read and interpret drawings and specifications. knowledge of piping Plan, Isometric and detail drawings.
- Graduate from recognized engineering or construction management program is an asset.
- Mix of field and office experience will be helpful.
- Minimum 3 years experience working in the construction field in similar or related position.
Company offers competitive salary and benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401-K, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, & Holidays
Job Type: Full-time
Construction Field Experience: 3 years